Thursday, September 13, 2012

Please Submit a Blood Sample Before Posting

Question:  Do you know what a "CAPTCHA" is?
Answer:  It a picture of numbers or letters that you have to enter to verify that you're not a bot trying to spam a website.

Nope.  Try again.

Question: Do you know what a "CAPTCHA" is?
Answer:  It's the most annoying thing about blogs.

That is correct!

Many bloggers will write that they appreciate and really look forward to comments but then they make it a pain in the butt for you to leave one.  Those stupid pictures are hard to read and the reward for getting one wrong is... having the privilege of doing it again!  YEA!

How much spam do you really get?  Is it worth annoying your readers?

Come on people, help me make this world a better place.  Kill the CAPTCHA!

footnote:  There were a lot of exclamation points in this post.  That's not really like me and I'd like to take the time to apologize.  However, I would not like to take the time to go back and remove the extra exclamaion points.  Weird, huh?


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

3 comments:

  1. Recently took mine off after someone said they couldn't get past it with multiple tries. I have seen an uptick in spam, but generally Blogger is good with not publishing it to the blog (I still get an email with it in though).

    You don't have to read this comment, but it might already be too late. Muhaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang it, next time start out with the disclaimer about not reading the comment. Don't stick it at the end.

      Seriously, thanks for reading and writing.

      Delete
    2. I knew I'd get you with that ;) No probs, I do read them all even if I don't always comment - but as you say, it is nice to get some feedback!

      Delete

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!