Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Daddy's Little Girl

As I stood outside an office I overheard half of a telephone call.

(my thoughts during the pauses)

Well tell her to get out of bed and get ready for school.
(as a father, I've had this conversation many times)
No, she can not stay home because she's "sick".
(yep, been there too)
Good, now tell her to hurry up and get dressed  Oh, and make sure she wears pants.
(my son is the same way. it could be snowing outside and he would still wear shorts)
That's fine.  It's suppose to be hot today so she can wear shorts.
(I guess the kid won that round)
Just make sure her butt isn't showing.
(young kids will wear a dish cloth if you don't watch them)
Yeah, she can drive my car.  Just tell her to be carefull.
(drive?  How old is this kid?  She must be a teenager!)

At this point I quit listening.

As the father of four daughters, let me tell all of you new dads something.  If you have a daughter, there will come a time in the teenage years where you will have to do butt and boob checks on those girls before they leave the house.  I'm not talking about staring at your kid's girly parts.  I'm talking about making sure no one else can stare at her girly parts either.  Think I'm crazy?  Just wait.


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

1 comment:

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!