Monday, September 10, 2012

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

We have a cleaning woman in our company that spends more time talking than she does cleaning.  She is sweet as she can be but every time she walks into an office she will be there for 30 minutes just talking.  She will clean for five minutes then talk for half an hour about anything on her mind.

Recently she has had a "helper" going around with her.  I thought she was probably training her replacement without even knowing it.  I would be willing to bet that was the original plan but there was a glitch.  It seems that this woman will work like a house-elf as long as she has someone to talk to.  The other woman doesn't even do anything.  She just follows her around and talks to her.  I'm assuming she actually works here, she may just be a friend of the cleaning woman that has nothing else to do during he day.

If you think about it, it makes sense for the company.
1 woman = 10% of the work.
2 women = 110% of the work

footnote:  Our cleaning woman looks nothing like the french maid in the picture.  Not even close!  As a matter of fact, I'm not entirely sure they are the same species.


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!