Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Dog Ate My Tacos

My day just officially turned to crap.

I wasn't in the mood to eat at the cafeteria here at work so I called and ordered a meal from the Mexican place down the road.  I go and get my food and I'm coming back into our building through a side door which requires you to wave your name badge in front of a panel.  I sit down one of the bags I'm carrying so I can grab my badge out of my pocket when out of nowhere a dog the size of a rhinoceros comes charging at me.  Without missing a stride he grabs the bag sitting on the ground and disappears before I can even register what is happening.  I'm serious, he didn't even slow down.  It was like he had been practicing his whole life for that one shot at my lunch.

After I get over the shock of what happened I looked around and, I'm not kidding, there are two small dogs sitting in the parking lot just looking at me with smiles on their faces.  There isn't a doubt in my mind that they were laughing.

I'm so pissed right now that I want to go eat a hot dog just because of the name.

By the way, "the size of a rhinoceros" may be a little bit of an exaggeration.  Looking back, I'm pretty sure that dog was part Chihuahua.  That still doesn't make it right!


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha---I can just picture the scene in slow motion in a great comedy!!!

    I LOVE your blog

    ReplyDelete

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!