Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tom and Jerry Gets Bloody

I woke up this morning to find my cat, Lucy (he hates that name), had left me a present.  I found it by stepping on it.
I don't know about you but I'm not a big fan of stepping on a mouse carcass covered in cat saliva.  It's not something I want to experience at 3:30 in the morning.  I guess I'm just picky like that.
Apparently he left it out in the middle of the room as a gift for me because he was sitting there watching me like he was waiting for a heartfelt "thank you".  He didn't get one.
This whole incident got me thinking about the mindset of my cat.  Either he's crazy or he thinks I am.
He didn't eat the mouse so that tells me that he just killed it for fun or he thinks I enjoy seeing dead mice.  If he did it for fun then it seems my cat is a psychopath and he kills other living creatures for kicks.  If he did it because he thought I would enjoy seeing a mangled mouse then he's a little warped and he thinks I'm a psychopath.  Either way, he's no longer welcomed into my room while I'm sleeping.  As a matter of fact, he may want to get real comfortable in the garage.  Freakin' psycho!

Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a cat, even if the way they show their love is a little... misguided? Nice blog, you're doing a good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he thought you'd like to eat it for your breakfast? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he left it for you so you could FIX IT and he could continue playing with it. Maybe that whole dead mouse thing was a mistake, he didn't mean to kill it, just play with it. Well, maybe...
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!