Monday, July 23, 2012

My High School English Teacher Can Suck It

That's right, you're reading the works of an award winning journalist.  As a matter of fact that's how I'm introducing myself from now on.  Heck, I may even start charging you to read this 'cause I'm so good.

In the immortal words of Steve Martin in The Jerk, "Things will start happening to me now!"

As much as I appreciate the young woman at CherryRetroBerry for giving me this much deserved award, I'm afraid I must decline.  I wouldn't feel right accepting this award while there are people in this world that still don't know that "alot" is suppose to be written as two words ("a lot").  Until we stamp out this scourge of our planet, it just seems morally wrong to rub my accomplishments in the face of those who still struggle grasping the concept of "your" and "you're".  Damn it people, no child should be left behind!

OK, I'm just kidding.  Of course I'll take the award.  I might even get a tattoo of the award so I can show it off when I'm at the beach.  I bet that gold coloring will really standout on my chalk white skin.  I think I'll go with the "tramp stamp" approach so it will really shine.

I'm suppose to pass this award to five other blogs that have less than 200 followers.  I'm not big on awarding things to people that I don't know very well so let me know if you'd like to be considered for this prestigious award.

Footnote:  I'm stunned that "spellchecker" showed that I only had one word spelled wrong.  That word was "alot".

Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog. You're so funny! :) Congratulations on your award, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're welcome ;)) You do deserve it.

    -CRB

    ReplyDelete

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!