Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Hometown

Do most towns have that one cool thing that everyone who lives there finds boring?
I'm talking about the cool statue or feature that tourists ask about and the locals never visit?
I once visited a statue of Ray Charles in the middle of some little town in Florida.  I drove out of my way to see it and I was the only one around.  Of course, I also visited two different towns that claimed to have the world's largest peanut so don't use me as a guide.
Anyway, I love those offbeat attractions.  I would drive 1000 miles to see a statue of some minor historical figure that was made out of the hardened saliva of an extict chipmonk.  I'm sorry but that would be incredible.  Heck, I'd even buy a ticket for that one.
I'm curious, what is your town famous for?

Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

1 comment:

  1. I like offbeat attractions too....

    Here in Maui is is Hana and the 7 sacred pools. Worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!