Friday, June 14, 2013

Time Flies

Holy crap, I can't believe it's been almost eight months since I've updated this blog.  I feel like such a failure. I'll try to update you on what's been going on in my life.  I'll just hit the highlights on a month by month basis.

Let me give you some background before I begin.  I work in a small department with three other people.  One of the people I worked with committed suicide back in August.  We knew he was a "little off" for a while but we found out later that he was feeling off kilter and he went to see several doctors.  The doctors gave him a combination of mood altering drugs that obviously didn't go together real well.  After a bad day at work, he went to see a doctor and then went home and shot himself.  We were all stunned.

He was replaced by a guy who worked for three months then went back to his old job.  That guy was replaced by a guy who worked for a couple of months and proceeded to leave work one day and have a stroke.  That guy was replaced by another guy who is hanging around at the moment.

However, one of the other guys that has been here since the beginning has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.

I'm starting to think that my department is cursed.

Sorry for such a downer post after such a long delay.  I'll try to lighten it up.

November

Thanksgiving!  For any non-American who doesn't know what Thanksgiving is, let me explain.  It is about (blah blah blah) pilgrims (blah blah blah) family (blah blah blah) being thankful. And FOOD!  This year I decided I was moving away from a traditional turkey so I made a goose, a duck, and some quail.  It was yummy.  As a matter of fact, I ate so much that I'm still full.

December

December 21 I got out of bed at 3:30AM, worked until 8:00PM, drove home, grabbed my suitcase and D3, drove 15 hours, hung out in Pittsburgh all day, got a couple of hotel rooms for the night, got up the next morning, watched the Pittsburgh Steelers play (!!!), drove 15 hours back home, and enjoyed Christmas with my family.  It was a great weekend.

January

Mrs. Penguin and I started an online business.  Nothing big, just something we could do together.  D1 decided that she would try her luck at it as well and she's kicking our butts.

February

I had a birthday.  Yeah, me!

March

I don't really remember what happened in March... or April... or May.  It couldn't have been too awesome.

Oh well, that brings us up to date.  I'll try to be better, I promise.


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!