Friday, October 5, 2012

Google Let Me Down

I have a few questions about international sporting events.

Why do international teams "Americanize" the names of their countries?  For example, why does any team from China have "China" written on their uniforms instead of "中华人民共和国"?  Why does Germany stand being called "Germany" instead of "Bundesrepublik Deutschland"?  Why are Japan's players' names written in our alphabet instead of their own?

Americans would lose their minds if an American team had to wear Arabic, Greek, Russian or some other lettering on their uniforms.

It's just something I've always wondered.

footnote:  I got the names of Germany and China off of Wikipedia.  Is they mean something offensive in those languages then I'm sorry.

One more footnote.  Check out the picture.  There should be more sporting events where hot chicks wear mini-skirts.  The world would be a better place.

Last footnote, I promise.  I wanted to name this post "Play Ball" in German but Google couldn't translate it.  So disappointed!


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!