Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'm a Monster

A couple of days ago I went with several family members to a Mexican restaurant for lunch.  I'm not really sure what the dish was that I ate but it had strips of steaks, strips of chicken, pieces of bacon, and shrimp in it.  I was eating it without much thought other than, "This tastes pretty good."

After we left the restaurant, I started thinking about that dish and I realized that a cow, a pig, a chicken, and several shrimp had to die for that one meal (and I'm pretty sure I saw a dead fly in there too).  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge meat-eater but that was just too much death for one person's lunch.

I'm not saying that I'm suddenly going to start grazing on bean sprouts and tofu but I think I'll limit myself to killing just one animal per meal.  It's my little way of helping our little animal friends.

Two notes about this post;

1) I know this sounded cruel but keep in mind that this post was done tongue-in-cheek.

2)Notice the picture?  I did a quick search for a picture of "PETA" to put on this blog as joke about saving animals but I couldn't resist taking a jab at those hypocritical a-holes.  Also, if you search for "PETA" you will come across lots of pictures of a half-naked actress named Peta Wilson.  Just FYI.


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!