Friday, July 5, 2013

Their Service was Garbage

We used a service to pick up our household trash that was a complete joke.  If we were lucky, they would pick up our trash once a month instead of once a week like they were suppose to do. Back in February we called and cancelled our contract with them.  Yesterday we received another bill from them.  This is the conversation I had on the phone:

Garbage Man:  Hello.
Me:  Hello, we had service with you but we cancelled it four months ago and I just got a bill in the mail.  As a matter of fact, I've gotten a bill ever month.
Garbage Man:  Obviously the service wasn't cancelled.
Me:  Didn't you notice that I haven't paid you for months or that you haven't picked up our trash either?
Garbage Man:  Uhhh....
Me:  Listen, even when we did pay you, you never showed up on the right day or you only picked up a portion of the trash.
Garbage Man:  Uhhh...
Me:  That's not important anymore because we're using someone else now.  You need to just stop sending us bills.
Garbage Man:  Well, you're going to have to pay the final bill.
Me:  Why?  You didn't do anything to earn that money?
Garbage Man:  But we still had you on our books so it will have to be paid.
Me:  Let me get this straight, if I hadn't called I could have just not paid the bill and no one would have noticed.  Heck, you might of still picked up my trash once or twice a month even if I didn't pay.
Garbage Man:  We would have noticed and turned you over to a collection agency.
Me:  Why am I arguing with you?  You want to get paid?  Fine!  I'll drop the check into our trash can and put in by the curb.  Let's see how long it takes you to pick it up.

Just for the record, I'm not paying them squat.


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!