Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Got to Pet a Kangaroo

Let me start off by saying that I'm not a big fan of zoos.  It seems so mean to stand there and stare at an animal in a small concrete pen.  Also, they always look so sad.  It's as if they're saying, "Yeah, I've got security and I never have to worry about food but there was a time when I could come and go as I please, I could hangout with others of my kind, and I could romance anyone who caught my eye.  Plus, I use to be able to throw poop at lions."

With that being said, let me tell you what we did last Saturday.  Mrs. Penguin, Opus Jr., a couple of grandsons, and I went to a drive through safari.  If you're not familiar with a drive through safari type zoo then let me introduce you to Google (although I like Bing better).  I mean, seriously, do I have to explain everything to you?  Look some stuff up on your own.  I swear, you're like one of my children!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.  Back to the story.

This place had a large walk around section that was way cool.  It was very hands-on with the animals and kids really loved it.  They played with monkeys, turtles, kangaroos (see the title of this post), pigs, sheep, and ect.  The drive through part was just as awesome.  We had emus, camels, zebra, and several types of antelopes and deer stick their heads into our car.

I'm going to wrap up this post by saying two things.  First, if you have the opportunity to see one of these parks you should give it a try.  Second, I don't know what kind of deer that was but that little sucker bit really hard.  My finger still hurts.


Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!