Saturday, August 11, 2012

He Had a Very Shiny Nose

I was driving home yesterday and I started thinking about that old clay-mation Christmas show Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  I have no idea how it came to mind but that's not important for this story.  Just stay focused and let's stick to the facts.

I started thinking about the character Yukon Cornelius.  He was a prospector who would throw his pick into the air and it would stick in the snow.  He would grab it, sniff it and then lick it.  At the end of the show you find out that he was searching for a lost peppermint mine the whole time.

That started me thinking about peppermints and candy canes and I started to wonder if the red part and the white part of the candy tastes different.

Does anyone know?  Since there is candy involved I am willing to do some research to unravel  this mystery.  I'll be like that owl that figured out how many licks it took to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.

In case you're wondering, the owl said it took three licks.

Don't judge me,
Opus T. Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a very roundabout way of thinking! I have fond memories of that video...but somehow I had forgotten the peppermint mine part. Thanks for enlightening me ;)

    -Abigail
    www.PictureBritain.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally had forgotten the peppermint part. Now I want peppermints. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete

A message? For me? But I didn't get you anything!